Question: Will I lose My License for Underage Drinking?

Answer: Yes, that is the law in Illinois.

If you are under the age of 21 and enter a guilty plea to (or are found guilty of) Illegal Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor, you will lose your driver’s license for at least three months. You may lose your license for a longer period of time given certain circumstances. You will lose your license even if you are placed on judicial supervision.

In the grand spectrum of things, there are worse evils than kids drinking alcohol, however, the driver’s-license penalty in minor-consumption cases shows that even minor crimes can have serious consequences.

Jeremy J. Richey, Attorney at Law
© Jeremy J. Richey and The East Central Illinois Criminal Law & DUI Weblog, 2008-2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.